Monday, December 15, 2008

We had a very eventful week. Thank goodness for Grandma and Aunt NeNe. They saved us again! I woke up Wednesday night with some REALLY bad pains in my chest, back and stomach. We called paramedics and I ended up going to the hospital. By the time I got to the hospital, I was much better and was second guessing going in. With John's "encouragement" we went in so I could get looked at. They did EKG's, blood work, etc., etc. They were very interested in my pancreas and heart readings, so they admitted me. After many more tests (including an echocardiogram) we think my heart is fine, it just has a different read on an EKG than most and after being pumped with potassium all day long - my pancreas numbers got back to just about where they are supposed to be. All in all, if you have a stomach virus that lasts for 2 weeks - you need to get to the dr - it doesn't matter that you don't have time - I had a long time in the hospital to think about how much time I was wasting - if I had only made an appointment when I knew the virus was lasting too long. Thank you Granny for hanging out all day watching the food network with me at the hospital. Thank you Gramma for answering that awful call from John - that said get down here something is wrong with Amber - then driving up to see an ambulance and two firetrucks. Thank you Gramma and Aunt NeNe for taking care of the kids on less than a moments notice. Thank goodness I can always count on y'all!

No comments: